What Is No-Kill?
Policies and Fees
Policies and Fees
Our Wish List
Pet Help Centre
Pet Food Bank
Vets and Trainers
Volunteer Application Form
Thank you for your interest in Heavenly Creatures! We could not continue our important animal rescue work without the support of fellow animal lovers. If you have free time and are seeking a meaningful volunteer experience, Heavenly Creatures is the right place for you!
Please provide answers to the following questions, and attach your résumé if needed.
Address Line 2
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
I usually work:
I am typically available:
1. Why are you interested in volunteering with Heavenly Creatures? What motivated you to become part of our no-kill animal welfare group?
2. Please list any other current volunteer commitments you have, and the time commitment you have made to this group.
3. Do you have any animal-related work, volunteer or practical experience? Please provide details.
4. Do you have any special needs or health concerns that we should be aware of? (e.g. pet allergy sufferers can assist with several of our non-animal-contact activities, such as planning, ticket sales, donation drives, etc).
5. Heavenly Creatures’ volunteers are hard workers. A minimum of 10 hours per month is required (e.g. 2.5 hrs per week, an hour here or there for tasks, or an afternoon at a special event, etc). Do you have the flexibility in your current schedule for this commitment?
6. What type of volunteer work would you like to be involved in? Indicate your top three (3) choices by placing check marks in the chart below. VOLUNTEER AREAS
Special Events (planning & implementing)
Volunteer Coordinator/Team Leader
Sales, Products & Merchandise
Driving & Deliveries
Telephone Campaigns/Event Invitation Calls
Donation Box Monitoring & Collecting
Emergency Pet Transport
Animal Food Bank
Advertising & Promotion
General Volunteer Assistance (varied)
**NOTE** Although we will try to accommodate successful applicants’ preferences, we do require our volunteers to be flexible and willing to assist in a variety of duties from time to time, as determined by our program priorities.
List two (2) professional references that we may contact for further information about your abilities (relatives excluded).
Reference #1 Name:
Reference #1 Affiliation:
Reference #1 Tel:
Reference #2 Name:
Reference #2 Tel:
Reference #2 Affiliation:
In signing this application, I understand and agree to the following:
If selected as a volunteer, I will commit to a minimum of 10 hours per month to Heavenly Creatures and its ongoing programs and activities.
I am prepared to provide Heavenly Creatures with a Letter of Conduct from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary. This will be obtained at no cost to me, as I will be volunteering with a registered non-profit agency.
If my application is successful, I am willing to sign a Volunteer Contingency Release Form. If I am under the age of 18, I will have it signed by a parent or guardian.
I am prepared to attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation and occasional volunteer team meetings that may occur during my term.
I declare that all information provided in this application package is true. I understand that any deliberate false statements will result in the exclusion of my application from this competition.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used throughout the recruitment process. If you are appointed to Heavenly Creatures’ Volunteer Team, this information will be kept on file in the Heavenly Creatures head office, as well as any civic or provincial offices as required by legislation during your term of appointment.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Heavenly Creatures Volunteer! We deeply appreciate your willingness to help.
We will review your application and contact you once our volunteer screening process is complete. Any questions may be directed to 739-0077.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.